Below are 42 of the most classic, adorable and unique crochet Christmas stocking patterns on the internet.
Christmas is almost here! The best way to prepare for the festive season is to crochet your own Christmas stockings.
I hope you enjoy making these as much as I have.
1. Crafty Boho Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – A Crafty Concept
A great Christmas stocking to bring some colour and flare to your decorations and fireplace. This is one of my favourite stocking patterns.
Complete the stocking in everyone’s favourite colour, so they can have their own unique and special Christmas stocking.
2. Amara Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Nella’s Cottage
This classical crochet stocking pattern is a great decoration to place around the home. Decorate it with sticks and pine cones as in the picture to radiate that earthy, warm feeling.
3. Festive Free Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Gleeful Things
This quick and simple pattern from Gleeful Things allows you to be creative with which colours you will choose to make the stocking in. This one is great to whip up and fill up and give as gifts this Christmas.
4. Crochet Brighton Christmas Stocking Pattern – Pretty Darn Adorable
This is a written pattern as well with videos guides and is very clear and easy to follow. The final product measures 18″ long x 16″ around, which is plenty big enough to fit in all of those presents.
5. Snowman Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Mary Abbie 986
A cute and adorable crochet stocking pattern, I just love the scarf on the snowman. A great add for your festive decor.
6. Mermaid Christmas Crochet Stocking Pattern – Nella’s Cottage
With all the popularity and rage with the mermaid stitch and tails it’s no wonder it got made into a Christmas stocking. Add some spice and uniqueness to your decorations this year.
7. Crochet Farmhouse Christmas Stocking – Sewrella
With a lacy and stylish design this free crochet Christmas stocking pattern from Sewrella let’s you peak inside to see all the goodies in your stocking and to build the anticipation.
8. Cozy Cottage Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – The Pattern Paradise
Add some flare and colour to your Christmas decor! You can make this crochet Christmas stocking in any colour you like. Keep it classical and warm or brighten up the room.
9. 2 in 1 Jolly Kit Christmas Crochet Stocking Pattern – The Easy Design
Crochet a bunch of these stockings in an array of colours. Place them all over your tree filled with chocolates or little gifts for all your family and friends.
10. Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – BriAbbyHMA
Classic Christmas decor that will take you back to your childhood, now you can take back your kids or grandchildren. Simple and elegant.
11. Advent Garland of Mini Crochet Stocking Pattern – Melly Elly Crafts
The perfect decoration for those with large family gatherings. Or for those of you who want to bring some colour and life to your rooms this holiday season.
12. Classic Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Persia Lou
Create simple but classy stockings with the shell stitch and rib stitch. Bring that warm feeling into your home these holidays with this free pattern
13. Chunky Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Designs By Phanessa
Video tutorials are added with every step, very easy to follow along. Great pattern to hang from the fireplace.
14. Crochet Rudolph Reindeer Christmas Stocking Pattern – Mary Abbie 986
Topped with a cute-as-a-button red-nose, this stocking is sure to be the shining light among your festive decorations.
Additional crochet reindeer patterns for a great holiday decorations.
15. Crochet African Flower Christmas Stocking Pattern – Holiday Imaginations
Designed with African flower hexagons, these crochet stocking pattern are sure to be a unique feature among your decor.
16. Cobblestone Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Crafts Everywhere
This stocking is visual and textured. Design in classical colours or brighter colours to decorate your home how you wish this festive season.
17. The Nordic Dreams Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Willow Knot Patterns
Simple and classy crochet stocking pattern that will bring joy into your home this holiday season.
18. Mermaid Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern – Seven PM Stitches
Another example of the crocodile stitch in practice with these mermaid Christmas stockings. Use your creative flare to bring some colour into your decor this year.
19. Bernat Velvet Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern – Bash Yarn Works
This velvet stocking pattern is more for the advanced and intermediate crocheter. The velvet can be tricky to work with at times, but is well worth it at the end.
20. Polar Ridge Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Pretty Darn Adorable
Styling the ‘worked’ decor fashion, this stocking measures 20″ long and 14″ diameter, so you’ll be sure to fit in all the Christmas stocking presents.
21. Snowflake Christmas Stocking Pattern – DS Designs Handmade
This snowflake Christmas stocking just screams of Christmas, snow and eggnog. Designed for intermediate crocheters, with a small seam-line so you can face this crochet stocking either way.
22. Crochet Shark Christmas Stocking Pattern – Emmalynns Essential
The mermaid stockings had their turn now it’s time for the shark tail too. This is a smaller cuter version of the shark tail blanket.
Add some flare to your decor this year, perfect for hot locations like Australia.
23. Crochet pattern Fair Isle knit look Christmas stocking – Ana Design
Classic Christmas pattern, mix up the colours to add some spice to your decor and your tree.
24. Elf Pattern Crochet Stocking – CBsCreationsNL
This adorable unique elf stocking pattern comes in Dutch, German and English. Tis the season to be jolly.
25. Unicorn Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Little Bamboo Handmade
This adorable unicorn Christmas stocking pattern is perfect for all little girls. It is a great gift rather then using wrapping paper and they will cherish and play with it all year round.
A great sleeping bag for Barbie.
26. Striped Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Krigs Crochet
Comes with easy to follow instructions with 2 stripe variations. You can get creative and use numerous amounts of colours. The magic ring is a technique that is needed.
27. The Lape Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern – De Brosse NYC
This Lape Stocking pattern is a easy and simple pattern to follow and complete. The Faux fur gives it a great texture and is visually appealing.
28. Crochet pattern Christmas stocking Santa Socks – Avondale Patterns
These adorable stockings are only 5″ long and 2″ wide. Great for gifts when filled with chocolates and lollies.
29. Christmas Boot Crochet Pattern – Shop Mila Masteritca
This crochet stocking pattern here is a little different to the rest. These boots are completed with t-shirt yarn. Great beginner pattern.
30. Big Bold Cabled Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern – A Crocheted Simplicity
Simple and elegant crochet stocking, which is easier to complete then it looks. Perfect for hanging from the stairs or the fireplace to add some shazam to your decorations.
31. Crochet Happy Homestead Christmas Stocking Pattern – Yarn Godess
Cute and adorable crochet stocking pattern. Use as many different colour variations as you can think of to add some colour flare to your festive season. Perfect for gifts.
32. Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – AterG Crochet
This unique design is by AlterG crochet, it is splendid. Detailed written instructions with pictures makes it easy to follow and put together.
33. Crochet Christmas Holiday Stocking Pattern – Knitty Momma
Thick, warm and durable perfect to hold those larger chunky presents. The versatility to make them all unique makes this free crochet christmas stocking pattern a winner.
34. Elf Shoe Christmas Basket Pattern – Blackstone Designs
This adorable Elf shoe is great as a gift or to be used instead as a chocolate or lollies jar as part of your decor.
35. Bear On Aeroplane Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Little Bamboo Handmade
Another adorable crochet stocking pattern from Little Bamboo Handmade. Her patterns are super cute and unique, I just can’t get enough and I think the little ones in your family will be the same.
36. Crochet Farmhouse Christmas Stocking Pattern – Nellas Cottage
Simple, elegant cross crochet stocking which can be stitched in any colour to mix up the vibe that it is sending out. Great pattern for crochet beginners.
37. Snowman Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern – Studio EELZ
This Snowman Christmas stocking is great as a gift or ornamental to bring around the Christmas cheer.
38. The Malia Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern – Little Monkeys Crochet
Simple free crochet christmas stocking pattern by Little Monkeys Crochet is a great stocking to hang from your Christmas tree.
39. Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern with Paillettes – Yarn Plaza
Experiment with colours with this free crochet Christmas stocking pattern.
40. Jolly Christmas Holiday Stocking Crochet Pattern -Charmed By Ewe
Mix up the colours and create your own unique Jolly crochet stocking.
41. Elephant Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern – Little Bamboo Handmade
Now elephants don’t normally fit into the Christmas celebrations but this little cutie just had to be amongst the mix. Such an adorable little gift.
42. Free Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern With Videos – Marly Bird at Red Heart
These Christmas stocking are perfect for decorating your home this holiday season. Easy to follow written and video tutorials.
Marly Bird Stocking Video Part 1
Marly Bird Stocking Video Part 2
Christmas Stocking Materials Needed:
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 1 skein each of 319 Cherry Red A and 512 Turqua B
Colorway #1: Use A for leg and foot, and B for heel and toe.
Colorway #2: Use B for leg and foot, and A for heel and toe.
- RED HEART® Boutique Fur™: 1 ball 9100 Polar C
Note: Yarn quantities are sufficient to make two stockings, one in each colorway. To make a single stocking, about 200 yds (183m) are needed for the leg and foot, 50 yds (46m) for the heel and toe, and 5½ yds (5m) for the cuff.
- Crochet Hooks: 5.5mm [US I-9] for stocking (except cuff), and 9mm [US M-13] for cuff only
- Yarn needle
Christmas stockings can be as unique as each person they represent. Pick which crochet christmas stocking pattern suits you.
Some families prefer to have matching stockings and others like to use different stockings for each family member.
Either way, making your own Christmas stockings is the perfect way to bring fun and bright or warm and cozy to your home this winter.
We hope you’ve enjoyed the crochet christmas stocking patterns we’ve shared with you!