The Free Halloween Pumpkin Hat Crochet Pattern creates a hat that is perfect for Halloween and photo-shoots for newborn babies to adults.
Spruce up your little angel’s wardrobe for Halloween with this Free Crochet Pumpkin Hat Pattern. This pattern, made and designed by Christine of Sweet Potato 3, is available for FREE and it comes in a format that makes it easier for crocheters to understand.
This Free Halloween Crochet Pumpkin Hat is a splendid way to showcase your little one’s festive spirit. With the traditional orange pumpkin design of this hat; it will keep your baby’s head warm, cozy and fab, all at the same time.
SUITABLE AGE FOR THE CROCHET PUMPKIN HAT
This crochet pumpkin hat pattern is also suitable for those families who are fond of having matching outfits during holiday seasons, for this free crochet pattern comes in various sizes; from newly born to adult sizes. Each member of the family can now show their festivities by wearing their very own, hand-made crochet pumpkin hat!
MATERIALS USED IN CROCHETING THE HALLOWEEN HAT
- Crochet Hook size I (5.50 mm)
- Crochet Hook size K (6.50 mm)
- Worsted Weight Yarn #4 – 50-150 yards depending on size making
- Yarn Needle
Any worsted weight yarn will do to make your very own pumpkin crochet hat. You can give a different appeal to your hats by using other shades of both oranges for the pumpkin body and green for the top.
STITCHES USED IN MAKING THE PUMPKIN HAT
- Dc – double crochet – Guide on double crochet
- Hdc – half double crochet – Half double crochet tutorial
- Sc – single crochet – Learn single crochet here
- Ch – chain stitch – Beginner’s guide to chain stitching
- St(s) – stitch(es)
- BL – work stitch in back loop only
- FP – work stitch around the front post
- Reverse SC – reverse single crochet, also known as the crab stitch
PUMPKIN HAT SIZING
- Newborn (12 ¼ ” around & 5” high – fits up to 14” circumference)
- 3 to 6 Months (14” around & 5 ½ “ high – fits up to 15″ or 16″ circumference)
- 6 to 12 Months (16″ around & 6” high – fits up to 18″ circumference)
- 12 to 24 Months (17″ around & 6 ½ “ high – fits up to 19″ circumference)
- Child (18” around & 7 ½ “ high – fits up to 20″ circumference)
Note that the sizes excludes the stem.
REASONS TO MAKE YOUR VERY OWN PUMPKIN CROCHET HAT
Aside from the stylish look and functionality of the crochet pumpkin hat, you can make this pattern without spending a dime for we are providing free copies of the Pattern. Start now and make this Halloween an unforgettable one by wearing your matching crochet pumpkin hat with your family.
It is also very rewarding to make these Free Halloween Pumpkin Hat Crochet Pattern for them. Imagine them wearing the pumpkin hats you’ve made especially for each one of them. It is very heart warming to be the reason for their warmth and comfort during this chilly season!