This sea shawl crochet pattern is a free pattern that brings into play the gradient effect of only ONE yarn to create a beautiful, eye-catching and fashionable shawl.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.Jacques Cousteau
The gradation of blue and green colors reminds me of the sea. The lacy stitches and and the gentle crescent shape looks like scales. This sea-green sea shawl pattern brings me back to my summer memories of the sea.
STYLING CROCHET SEA SHAWL
This free pattern by Harlee Wentworth and gradient yarn colors used brings the comfort of the sea in any occasion, any place and any season.
For spring, it’s a deviation from the usual pastel colors.
During summer, it’s the thing to blend in on a trip to the sea to use a wrap or a beach accessory – as a cover, pareo, or wrap around the hips.
For winter, it adds a pop of color that will help you reminisce the sunny weather to subtly lift a dreary winter day like a warm comforting hug.
It won’t matter if you opt for a different colored gradient yarn as what makes this pattern beautiful, eye-catching and fashionable is the gradient effect. This kind of yarn will allow you to pair it with a lot of different outfit. Plus, this pattern only uses one ball of yarn, so you can make your own light and airy shawl for less!
To get started, continue to scroll down:
CROCHET SEA SHAWL MATERIALS
- Yarn – Specific yarn used: Red Heart It’s A Wrap Rainbow in Seaglass
Fine Weight #2 ~ 138 gms, 573 yards
– You can opt for any gradient yarn color that brings you comfort.
- Hook – 4.0 mm (US G-6)
- Gauge – 18 double crochet and 9.5 rows = 4 inches
MEASUREMENTS OF THE CROCHET SEA SHAWL
After blocking, width is 66 inches and depth is 15 inches.
STITCHES USED IN CROCHET SEA SHAWL
Basic crochet stitches
- Chain stitch – Beginner’s guide to chain stitching
- Cluster stitch – Guide for Cluster stitch
- Double crochet stitch – Learn Double crochet here
- Right side stitch
- Single crochet stitch – Single crochet tutorial
- Shell stitch – How to shell stitch
- Slip stitch
Special crochet stitches
- Double crochet cluster stitch – Yarn over, insert hook in stitch, yarn over, pull through stitch, yarn over, pull through 2 loops on hook, (yarn over, insert hook in same stitch, yarn over, pull through stitch, yarn over, pull through 2 loops on hook) 3 times, yarn over, pull through all 5 loops on hook.
- Double crochet shell stitch – 5 DC worked in same stitch.
- V-stitch – [DC, CH 2, DC] worked in same stitch
This pattern involves a lot of special stitches but the design pay off is great. You will end up with a very versatile fashionable shawl that you can style in many ways as an accessory, top or bottom.
Whatever season you are in, this free sea-green sea shawl crochet pattern will surely bring back the comforting hugs of your warm summer memories!